Camp Hill, Pennsylvania/Direct hire
JFC Global is looking for an experienced systems/network engineer to join an established client in the greater Harrisburg area on a permanent basis. This person will be self-motivated, forward thinking and have a sense of urgency to help move this client even further in their successes. This person will be a constant learner, and a curious mind to stay ahead of the technology curve. A jack of all trades will thrive in this role.
Several key areas for this person include:
- Lead department and oversee systems administration, vendor research, selection, management and negotiations, purchasing and asset management. Work with vendors/MSP as needed to ensure timely and seamless project completions.
- Help senior management with long term strategizing for current and future growth to drive this company forward through collaboration with other departments. Recommend and plan for emerging trends and technologies and educate senior managers on how and why to implement.
- Work with vendors on documentation and disaster recovery planning to include systems monitoring and incident response, data backups.
- Security planning and advancement to include: user privilege management, keeping ahead of the curve on firewalls, outside threats and forensics.
- Oversee system administration and lead planning and executing hardware/software upgrades for computers, internal/external servers and networking components, email administration, and research and planning of all phone systems.
- Work hand in hand with the reporting analyst to help advance this company in reporting and Business Intelligence for internal and external customers, and government agencies, on a weekly, monthly, yearly or as needed basis.
- Hire, train and coach Jr. IT staff as needed
- Previous maintenance of public website and Intranet a plus
Candidates will have experience in the following technical environment:
- Systems and Infrastructure Administration: DNS, Networking (Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi), DNS, LAN topologies, IIS, SharePoint
- Office365 Administration
- SQL databases and reporting exposure a plus
- Experience with MS Dynamics or other financial software a plus.
Candidates should demonstrate characteristics and have experience with:
- Project and team management, proven ability to delegate to team members
- Designing highly available, fault tolerant server infrastructures
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Trustworthiness and ability to work with confidential information
- Sense of urgency
- Constant learner
- Supportive and Flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication, and ability to explain technical concepts in plain English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 5 years as a Systems or Network Administrator/Engineer with increasing responsibilities over time.
- 2 years mentoring and coaching IT staff
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Not ready to apply? For a confidential conversation about your job search, contact Ms. Michael Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-755-3100.
JFC Global is the largest locally owned and operated niche recruiting firm in the south-central PA area. With over 45 years in business, we've developed deep relationships with technical hiring managers, and HR professionals in our area. Leverage our relationships for your benefit! Learn more about us and view more permanent and contract jobs at www.jfcglobal.com or on our social media platforms.
Check out what some Technical Professionals have said about working with us:
“Very good at matching people and companies based on skills and requirements. It only took about two weeks total and I found a great position and your representative was informative, patent, and helpful the whole way.”
“JFC Global was quick to respond to me and offered me positions that were well suited to my career path. They were understanding to my likes/dislikes of positions and helped me every step of the way.”
“I just wanted to say thank you for your help. I don't think that I would have applied to this job on my own. You provide some back story and more insight on the job and what they're looking for- it really made more sense after we talked through it. The recruiters were incredibly helpful. Thanks for the work you put into this for me. I appreciated their encouragement, and advice – and the way they kept in contact during the interview process. “
Sorry, JFC Global is unable to provide sponsorship, or Corp to Corp opportunities at this time.