York, Pennsylvania/Direct hire
JFC Global is recruiting for an HVAC/Refrigeration Engineer for one of our clients around the York, PA area!
The Refrigeration Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager. The position requires technical competence in machine design, testing, and manufacturing techniques. Must possess decision making and leadership abilities, as well as the ability to manage time and schedules for completion of engineering projects. The refrigeration engineer will have knowledge of all major refrigeration system components including compressors, condensers, evaporators, and fans, as well as experience with engineering calculations such as heat transfer, capacity, air flow, and thermodynamics. The Refrigeration Engineer must communicate with Management, Purchasing and Production Departments daily, and must be able to make sound engineering decisions in a timely manner, and with little supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as the principle refrigeration subject matter expert in the engineering department.
- Performs necessary functions (calculations, research and interpretation of multiple types of input documents) to design and develop new refrigeration units and generator sets.
- Utilizing direct customer feedback, as well as other feedback sources, will work to redesign and initiate improvements of existing refrigeration units and generator sets.
- Works from input requirements or instructions to design or source new components or redesign existing components to improve overall products. Performs testing, and data acquisition, of refrigeration units. Designs test equipment setup.
- Creates documentation including test plans, and test reports.
- Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
- Oversees and assists with assembly of refrigeration prototypes.
- Troubleshoots production problems and offers expert advice for problem resolution.
- Communicates with vendors to obtain information and application assistance.
- Is responsible for assuring that there is no gap between Engineering and Production departments by meeting design criteria and timelines for prototype and production jobs.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain friendly, cooperative relations with customers, vendors, company personnel and management.
- Follow all Company personnel policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Anticipate problems and make recommendations.
- Organize personal schedule to maximize productivity and time management.
- Perform other tasks or assignments as delegated by the Engineering Manager.
Bachelors Degree is preferred, or equivalent experience.
If you are not ready to apply, or have questions prior to applying, please contact Tori Lorenski at email@example.com or call 717-399-6474.