Will perform product qualification, development and failure analysis experiments; designs, prepares, and executes connector tests and provides results in a reportable form for consultation with customer. The employee is expected to work with and contribute to continuous improvement in such ways as participating in cross-functional teams. The employee is to always consider customer satisfaction as their primary objective. The employee will be knowledgeable in lab quality, safety and site administrative policies and is expected to act in a manner consistent with the policies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, identifies and prepares connector samples for subsequent testing and performance characteristic
- Operates and maintains professional test, measurement, and data acquisition equipment.
- Discusses objectives with lab staff member and/or customer to determine optimum preparation techniques for evaluation
- of electrical and mechanical characteristics of connector systems under evaluation.
- Develops techniques to customize and adapt test sample to test and measurement equipment.
- Records test equipment operation data. Compiles measurement data in statistical and/or graphical form and summarizes
- for consulting purposes.
- Coordinates and plans necessary support from within and outside the Laboratory environment for preparation of test
- fixtures and special tests. Procures basic laboratory supplies.
- Prepares samples using techniques such as: soldering, wire stripping, wire crimping, solvent cleaning, and basic hand
- Operates environmental test chambers and mechanical shock and vibration testers.
- Measures tensile, insertion, retention, extraction, mating/unmating, and normal forces using a compression/tensile tester.
- Measures electrical characteristics such as contact resistance, insulation resistance, dielectric strength, and current rating.
- Performs chemical tests such as solderability and contact plating porosity.
- Execute simple qualification test schedules and develop sample ID schemes.
- Interprets product specifications, industry standards, and customer specifications in order to perform required testing.
- Compares product performance with anticipated results and/or known industry standards.
- Attends and participates in meetings in order to exchange information and resolve problems.
Not ready to apply or interested in having a confidential conversation first? Contact Matt Walsh at email@example.com or (717) 761-8095.